The conveyance of residential real property or real estate which comprise:
(i) freehold or leasehold sales or purchases; or
(ii) mortgages or re-mortgages;
- We charge a sliding scale of £1,250 – £9,000 + VAT for a freehold sale.
- We charge a sliding scale of £1,250 – £9,000 + VAT for a freehold purchase.
- We charge a sliding scale of £1,500 – £9,000 + VAT for a leasehold sale.
- We charge a sliding scale of £1,500 – £9,000 + VAT for a leasehold purchase.
- We charge a sliding scale of £975 – £7,5000 + VAT for a re-mortgage.
- There will be other costs on top. These are fees and charges we will need to pay on your behalf as part of the process, notice & deeds charges, search fees, land registry fees, freeholder information packs, bank charges and Stamp Duty Land Tax or Land Transfer Tax (in Wales).Searches are approximately up to £500 on a residential purchase.
- Land Registry fees vary from £40 to £910.
- These fees assume that the transaction is ‘standard’ and has no unforeseen issues that may lengthen the process or increase costs.
- This estimate is just a sliding scale based on recent instructions; the actual cost to you will depend on a number of factors which we will discuss with you if you decide to instruct us such as the value of the transaction and the scope of work required.
- The charge is based on hourly charging-rates varying from £140 – £300 per hour.
- Our price may look high compared to some other providers, but we would ask you to consider the work involved, the implications of you or us missing something, the deadlines involved, the availability of our professional insurance cover and a number of other factors in the complex conveyancing process, before comparing us on price alone.
- Our people involved in doing the work will include
Piers Meadows, Partner
Peter Meadows, Partner
Jeanine Hickling, Solicitor
Sarah Lewis, Consultant
Suzanne Bowman, Consultant
Julie Dimes, Secretary
Wendy Noble, Secretary
Angela Gray, Secretary
- We understand the stress involved in moving home. The work we will carry out will involve
- Checking that your financial arrangements are in place
- Obtaining Land Registry entries and drafting a contract for sale (approximately 1 week)
- Completing incidental information re fixtures and fittings and other inclusions and exclusions (approximately 1 -2 weeks)
- Receiving contracts and other property information (approximately 1 week)
- Undertaking searches and enquiries on the property (immediately)
- Raising requisitions on title and other issues (approximately 2-3 weeks)
- Preparing for exchange and completion (approximately 1 week)
- Dealing with the payment of SDLT (approximately 1 week post completion)
- Dealing with Land Registry applications (approximately 1 week post completion)
- Liaison with your lenders throughout
- Overall control of the transaction throughout, including liaison with estate agents, removal firms etc Obviously, our fees do not include any external costs and charges that we may incur as part of the process (e.g. estate agents commission, removal costs, environmental remediation costs etc). You will also be responsible for these item.