Debt recovery up to the value of £100,000;
The costs set out below only apply to unpaid debts which are uncontested:
|Debt amount (including interest)||Our fee ranges||Court fee|
|Up to £5,000||£300 – £1,250 + VAT||https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-
|£5,001 to £10,000||£500 – £1,700 + VAT|
|£10,001 to £100,000||£1,200 – £7,500 + VAT|
The work covered includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation;
- Undertaking appropriate searches;
- Sending a letter before action;
- Receiving payment and forwarding to you. If the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim;
- Where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default;
- When Judgement in default is received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on the next steps and likely costs;
If at any time the claim is contested, you will be provided with a revised cost estimate.
What our service does not include
It does not include any additional work that may be required to collect the debt, known as “enforcement proceedings”. For example, instructing the Court Bailiffs to try to recover the debt or Bankruptcy proceedings.
Please note that:
- The charges are based on our hourly charging-rates varying from £140 – £240 per hour.
- The estimates above are based on recent instructions; the actual cost to you will depend on a number of factors which we will discuss with you if you decide to instruct us.
- In normal cases the expectation will be that the debtor will pay the majority of these costs. However, this may not be possible and if not, you will remain liable for our costs and charges. VAT in particular is not recoverable.
On average, it normally takes around twelve weeks to obtain a Judgment in Default for an undefended claim.